Dental emergencies can happen unexpectedly, and in that stressful time, you need emergency care that you can count on.
Call Clearwater Family Dental for emergency dentist services; Sarnia residents appreciate immediate assistance after an accident or other incident affecting the mouth, teeth, and/or gums. Call us right away if you need emergency treatment for:
- Chipped Teeth – Teeth can break when we bite into hard food, get hurt playing sports, or experience other injuries. Seek dental help right away to avoid any further pain and possible infection.
- Knocked-out Teeth – If one or more of your teeth are knocked out, it might be possible to save your teeth by reimplanting them in the mouth. First, call your emergency dentist in Sarnia. Then, rinse the tooth (or fragments) in clean, lukewarm water. Hold the tooth by the crown to prevent the transfer of bacteria. Save the tooth and/or fragments in a milk-filled sterile or clean container until you can get to your emergency dentist.
- Tooth Abscess – Abscesses are a serious infection that requires immediate emergency care. If left untreated, this infection can spread to other parts of the body and could require hospitalization.
- Lost Dental Fillings – Loose dental fillings may be painful and can ultimately damage your teeth. An exposed tooth is vulnerable to bacteria, as it can infiltrate the tooth’s interior more easily. While this is an urgent matter, your emergency dentist in Sarnia may be able to recommend protective measures that can be taken until the tooth is filled at an appointment tomorrow or the next day.
- Severe Toothache – Toothaches can be caused by a number of different dental problems. To alleviate pain and swelling before you see your doctor, apply ice packs. Ask your doctor about over-the-counter pain medications that don’t interfere with any other health issues you may have.
Dental emergencies can cause a great deal of pain and pose other serious health problems if left untreated. If you experience a dental emergency, call your reliable emergency dentist in Sarnia at Clearwater Family Dental at (519) 332-3000. Outside of regular clinic hours, you can reach help through our emergency number. We’re here for you.